Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Akahn
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

"Detecting relationships..." is taking forever

I've got a query from a Azure SQL database of about 650 K records with maybe 20 columns. The load has already taken about 40 minutes and seems to be stuck on "Detecting relationships". Any ideas what is happening?

2 REPLIES 2
LanceDelano
Employee
Employee

Hi, can you send us a copy of the schema?  How many tables, what relationships?  Does the problem still exist?

Lance

Did anyone find asolution to this problem?  I have the same issue.  Using PowerBI Desktop I am connecting to a SQL instance to load a DB.  PowerBI Desktop is on the same server as the SQL instance.  Server is Windows 2016 Server, SQL is 2016, PowerBI is January 2018 build, SQL DB compatibiility version is 2008.  Server has 4 vCPU which never go above 60% and 24 GB RAM which gets pegged by Analysis services during the detecting relationships step.  Detecting relationships was running for over 12 hours on the first load.  I think it is a fairly simple DB (QuoteWerks is the app).  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.