Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

"DO NOT SUMMARIZED" column needs to show "total"

Hello Communties,

Can you please suggest for below scenarios?

I am using TABLE VISULIZAITON,and I am trying to show the total for “do not summarized”options.As per my requirements I  need to ignore “Sales ” if transactions has “DEALER”.

THIS IS A CALCULATED COLUMN IN POWER BI>>if condtion = CALCULATE(SUM(Sheet1[Sales]),Sheet1[Transactions]<>"Dealer")

I want to use “ DO NOT SUMMARIZED” options in TABLE VALUES and I want to show TOTAL for sales and if condition column.

community.png

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

I would suggest you create two measures. If we set it "Do not summarize", how can it summarize the column.

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Well I dont see the issue?
I also want a table with a TOTAL at the bottom but I dont want it to summarize as ill be missing rows basically.

The only way out of it, is to add a new column with a unique value in (Really ugly solution and shouldnt be nessesary, but it is today).

have a table lets say it contains 3 colums A, B and C and has the Following Values

A  |B |C

Bo|1 |0

Bo|1 |0

Kik|2|3

-------

|4|3

But today in power bi when I use a "SUM" it shows it as follows:

A  |B |C

Bo|2 |0

Kik|2|3

-------

|4|3

I Know I can add a unique ID column to the table and that it will turn out correctly and show ALL the rows, but I find it to be an ugly solution. How can I have it shows the totals at the bottom AND all the rows, without making some "Hack solution" if you get me 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dal

thank you so much for your advice.As per my reuqirements i cannot summarized but still business wants to see total.I have chnaged table visulization to Matrix visulization and it should works.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.