Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MExtross
Helper I
Helper I

"Covering" a Visual

Hi Community!

I believe this is possible but I am just not sure how to do it. If you have a lot of data for a certain time frame (four months), and you have a monthly slicer on the visual, but you only want the data to appear when a month is selected on the slicer and not the full four months when nothing is selected on the slicer, how can you cover it? I believe that you could cover with a blank visual and adjust settings for that blank visual to disappear when something is selected in the slicer.

Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@MExtross wrote:

Hi Community!

I believe this is possible but I am just not sure how to do it. If you have a lot of data for a certain time frame (four months), and you have a monthly slicer on the visual, but you only want the data to appear when a month is selected on the slicer and not the full four months when nothing is selected on the slicer, how can you cover it? I believe that you could cover with a blank visual and adjust settings for that blank visual to disappear when something is selected in the slicer.

Thank you in advance!

@MExtross

There's no elegant solution, however you can achieve the goal with some tricky measure. See more details in the attached pbix file.

Measure = IF(ISFILTERED('calendar'[YearMon]),SUM('Table'[value]),BLANK())

Capture.PNGCapture.PNG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@MExtross wrote:

Hi Community!

Thank you in advance!

@MExtross

There's no elegant solution, however you can achieve the goal with some tricky measure. See more details in the attached pbix file.

Measure = IF(ISFILTERED('calendar'[YearMon]),SUM('Table'[value]),BLANK())

Capture.PNGCapture.PNG

Capture FORMULA.PNG

Hi, I was able to cover it using the above formula!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.