Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

"Blank" data field in a filter

Hello to the community and thanks in advance for the help.

The status of my data model is as follows:

Related tables:

pantalla tablas relaciones.jpg

In a data visualization I created a filter in which "(Blank)" appears. I understand that it means that in that field there is "blank" data. However, when I choose the "Blank" in the filter there is no data. I have reviewed my tables and find no blank data from that field or in the filter table in related tables that have that field:

pantalla en blanco campo.jpg

How can I locate what data is blank to correct it? In the Power Query Editor with its field analysis no blank data appears in any of the tables of that related field that is called "Game".

Greetings.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Syndicate_Admin , Blank data in 1 -M Join table can also be because there is some value on many side.

Plot this table with a key columns from joined fact/s one by one and check for any missing value

refer if needed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23qemkDqMVY

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hello good afternoon, sorry, I have the same problem you think you can help me know how to solve it?

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Syndicate_Admin , Blank data in 1 -M Join table can also be because there is some value on many side.

Plot this table with a key columns from joined fact/s one by one and check for any missing value

refer if needed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23qemkDqMVY

Hello:

Found the problem. This was an error in table relationships. I hadn't checked all the related tables if any fields were blank.

Thanks for the reply.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.