cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

"As Timeline" Visualization

Whenever I click off of the page containing the timeline, and then revisit the page, it automatically sorts the y-axis alphabetically as opposed to chronologically, which is how I would like it. I cannot appear to sort it any other way, and sorting it alphabetically automatically instead of chronologically seems to defeat the entire purpose of having a timeline; it goes from a nice chronological sort to a timeline that is virtually impossible to read. Tried using the Sort by Column function under the modeling tab, but nothing happens when I click on it. Thank you in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
TeigeGao Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Re: "As Timeline" Visualization

HI @Anonymous ,

Could you please share the screenshot to explain your problem?

Best Regards,

Teige

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Screenshot (3).pngScreenshot (4).png

I would love for this specific page to always look like the first screenshot, where it is sorted chronologically. When I first enter the data, it is sorted this way; however, when I click off to another page and then come back to the timeline page, it looks like the bottom screenshot, where it is sorted alphabetically. I am able to click on the x axis twice in order for it to return to its original first screenshot, but it would be much better if I could simply open the sheet and have it look like the first screenshot every time.

TeigeGao Solution Sage
Solution Sage

HI @Anonymous ,

Could you please share the pbix file to us? Remove any sensitive information before sharing.

Best Regards,

Teige

shun
Regular Visitor

Hi, is this issue resolved? If yes can anyone please share the solution? 

I am facing the same issue but instead of chronologically, I want it to be sorted by category (which is the legend). I can't seem to figure out a way to default that. Thank you in advance! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors