Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

"As Timeline" Visualization

Whenever I click off of the page containing the timeline, and then revisit the page, it automatically sorts the y-axis alphabetically as opposed to chronologically, which is how I would like it. I cannot appear to sort it any other way, and sorting it alphabetically automatically instead of chronologically seems to defeat the entire purpose of having a timeline; it goes from a nice chronological sort to a timeline that is virtually impossible to read. Tried using the Sort by Column function under the modeling tab, but nothing happens when I click on it. Thank you in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, is this issue resolved? If yes can anyone please share the solution? 

I am facing the same issue but instead of chronologically, I want it to be sorted by category (which is the legend). I can't seem to figure out a way to default that. Thank you in advance! 

TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

HI @Anonymous ,

Could you please share the screenshot to explain your problem?

Best Regards,

Teige

Anonymous
Not applicable

Screenshot (3).pngScreenshot (4).png

I would love for this specific page to always look like the first screenshot, where it is sorted chronologically. When I first enter the data, it is sorted this way; however, when I click off to another page and then come back to the timeline page, it looks like the bottom screenshot, where it is sorted alphabetically. I am able to click on the x axis twice in order for it to return to its original first screenshot, but it would be much better if I could simply open the sheet and have it look like the first screenshot every time.

HI @Anonymous ,

Could you please share the pbix file to us? Remove any sensitive information before sharing.

Best Regards,

Teige

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.