Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

quickbooks

If we have multiple companies that work under the parent company and each has a seperate quickbooks online account. How to get quickbooks data from all the different companies and combine it under the parent company to see cash reports by each company as well as as a whole. 

quickbooks image.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
EugeneLebedev
Helper III
Helper III

I have developed my own script which solves this problem. I was able to extract data from 100+ QBO accounts and combine them in one dashboard. The benefits of my script over the native connector are:

- You can extract data from multiple QBO accounts and combine it together (relevant for owners of multiple businesses and accountants)
- All P&L data is combined in a single table. You can also drill down to transactions that make up value of every account, filter by day and see data on accrual vs cash basis. Same for Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, Account Receivables, Budget, etc.Here is more info about it: https://vidi-corp.com/how-to-connect-power-bi-to-quickbooks-online-reports/My email is eugene.lebedev@vidi-corp.com

karaoan
Kudo Commander
Kudo Commander

For multi company consolidation (even with different accounting systems) and Power BI Desktop functionality you might want to look at https://www.acterys.com/quickbooks.  As opposed to direct access via an API that has a variety of problems (API call limitations, single entity access/ no consolidation, performance, limited refresh) Acterys creates (and automatically refreshes) a proper Azure SQL data model with all relationships and dimension tables as well as financial DAX calculations that is fully editable, supports Direct Query and write back for forecasting and planning requirements.

Contact me if you have further questions.

Martin

Planning with Power BI -> https://www.acterys.com

v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please post your desired result?

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have access to several Quickbook online accounts (companies). Image attached. I want to compare the cash balance among these different quickbooks online account. I am able to access to only one account at a time. I cant load the cash ledger table from the different accounts and make a comparison. How to do it?QBO.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.