Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Winniethewinner
Helper III
Helper III

questions on updating bookmarks

Hi Everyone, 

I seem being suck on trying to update the bookmarks. 

Here is the bookmark of "hide slicer area view":

2022-06-22_13-34-07.png

And here is the bookmark of "show slicer area view":

2022-06-22_13-43-54.png

I'm trying to remove the two tables shown in front of those red slicers on the left side of page in the "show slicer area view". 

When I remove the two tables and click "update", these two tables are also removed in the other bookmark which is "hide slicer area view". Any advise is appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
rsbin
Super User
Super User

@Winniethewinner ,

My approach would be as follows:

From the View Menu, open both the Selection Panel and the Bookmark Panel.

Create all of the Visuals you will need to accommodate both Bookmarks.

Add your first bookmark.  Then hide the visuals (check the eye icon) for those visuals you don't want visible. 

rsbin_0-1655924218412.png

Then update this Bookmark.

Then repeat for your second and any other additional bookmarks required for this page.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
rsbin
Super User
Super User

@Winniethewinner ,

My approach would be as follows:

From the View Menu, open both the Selection Panel and the Bookmark Panel.

Create all of the Visuals you will need to accommodate both Bookmarks.

Add your first bookmark.  Then hide the visuals (check the eye icon) for those visuals you don't want visible. 

rsbin_0-1655924218412.png

Then update this Bookmark.

Then repeat for your second and any other additional bookmarks required for this page.

Hope this helps.

I must be blind in mind, I forgot the selection panel... should use this function more often to get used to it. Thanks for the fast response @rsbin 

@Winniethewinner ,

Glad that it worked out for you.

Also suggest you make use of the Grouping functionality.  You can group all of your Slicer Panel visuals together.  Then hide / unhide this Group.  I find it greatly helps organize my visuals.  You can see this in my snippet - the carat symbol represents a group of visuals.

hmm interesting, I was wondering what the group means under the bookmarks. definitely something to explore in the future. Thanks for the advise. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.