Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mavenmytre

question on multiple tables

Hello.

Have a question. I have a report with multiple tables, I use a separate table to link many of the values like for example clients, sellers, salary and the like in a 1 to many relationships. In my report I have slicers for the sellers but when I select a seller for example the client list on the other slicer is not updated to show only that seller clients with data and shows all clients which are many and makes the slicer not very practical, is there a way to link these two tables so it does not show all the clients?

Thank you very much in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ray_ux
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@mavenmytre 
You would need to change the relationship directions to both ways, so it knows how to filter the lists

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MahyarTF
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi,

You have 1:* Cardinality, but it seems you chose 'Single' for Cross filtering, which means the data flow comes from parent to child in your relation.

if you want to change this process and filter all the values based on your slicer (regardless of 1 or many sides, need to change the Crossing filter and set it as a Both on your Relationship page :

MahyarTF_0-1659570677654.png

* be aware that Both options might effect on performance.

Mahyartf
ray_ux
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@mavenmytre 
You would need to change the relationship directions to both ways, so it knows how to filter the lists

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.