cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kaoticfury

question about divide()

so here is my situation, i have 2016 Jan to Dec bookings, and 2017 Jan to March bookings. I am trying to use divide to do a Y/Y growth %. The results looks fine from 2017 Jan to March. However, from 2017 April to Dec, i got -100% because there is no actual yet in 2017.....how to make these -100% to be blank? 

thank you!!

2 REPLIES 2
v-huizhn-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @kaoticfury,

Do you use the calculated column or measure? You can use the following formula to create a calculated column.

result=IF(Table[percentage]<(-100%),BLANK(),Table[percentage])

If this is not what you want, please post sample data for further analysis.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Anonymous
Not applicable

My gut instinct anytime someone suggests a column is to wonder if there is a better option.

Depending on the exact situation you are trying to solve will change how you might approach the solution.

My thought is to create a "Last Year Percent" measure, which uses "Today" to work out a calculate date range from 1 Jan last year until 31 Dec this year.

I would then create a "YTD Percent" which would go from 1 Jan this year to LASTDATE in the current data set.

Then you should be able to do a comparison of those 2 measures.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Microsoft named a Leader in The Forrester Wave

Microsoft received the highest score of any vendor in both the strategy and current offering categories.

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Power BI Dev Camp - September 30th, 2021

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Solution Authors