cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kaoticfury

question about divide()

so here is my situation, i have 2016 Jan to Dec bookings, and 2017 Jan to March bookings. I am trying to use divide to do a Y/Y growth %. The results looks fine from 2017 Jan to March. However, from 2017 April to Dec, i got -100% because there is no actual yet in 2017.....how to make these -100% to be blank? 

thank you!!

2 REPLIES 2
v-huizhn-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @kaoticfury,

Do you use the calculated column or measure? You can use the following formula to create a calculated column.

result=IF(Table[percentage]<(-100%),BLANK(),Table[percentage])

If this is not what you want, please post sample data for further analysis.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Anonymous
Not applicable

My gut instinct anytime someone suggests a column is to wonder if there is a better option.

Depending on the exact situation you are trying to solve will change how you might approach the solution.

My thought is to create a "Last Year Percent" measure, which uses "Today" to work out a calculate date range from 1 Jan last year until 31 Dec this year.

I would then create a "YTD Percent" which would go from 1 Jan this year to LASTDATE in the current data set.

Then you should be able to do a comparison of those 2 measures.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

MBAS on Demand

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Microsoft named a Leader in The Forrester Wave

Microsoft received the highest score of any vendor in both the strategy and current offering categories.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors