Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

query editor & line chart

Hello,

I have absolutely no idea what is going on and have been tying to figure ot out all day, knowing me I am missing something simple.

My data values does not go beyond 100 yet when I apply my data to a linegraph it is well past 100 and wrong.

I have 3 attributes in my legend: New orleans, Jazz and Voodoo. The dates are monthly (along x axis) and are from 2004 to present, the values are anwhere between 0 and 100. I have date applied to the dates, abc applied to attributes and whole numbers applied to the values from 0-100.

An eg would be:                 01/04/2004   New Orleans   24

I am using data from google trends about search term popularity

Annotation 2020-04-15 200610.jpgAnnotation 2020-04-15 200431.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous this is what I will do, on table visual, add date column, add attribute column, and add attribute column again and change the aggregation to count and sort by this count aggregation column and you expect count 1 for each row and then we can debug it from there.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous it will sum entries for the same date and same attribute, can you make sure that 01/04/2014 for new orleans only one record, if you have more than one record that it will show the sum

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply,

There is only one on record, each date has 3 different attributes and 3 seperate values. So it should not sum them up.

I did it exactly the same as the first time I did it, see below, and it worked (With Year along x axis, amount along y and race as legend). I'm stumped

Annotation 2020-04-15 205515.jpgAnnotation 2020-04-15 205652.jpg

@Anonymous this is what I will do, on table visual, add date column, add attribute column, and add attribute column again and change the aggregation to count and sort by this count aggregation column and you expect count 1 for each row and then we can debug it from there.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Thanks for your help, I will just mark the issue as solved and try and use less complicated data. I am new to power BI and its like you are speaking a completely different language. I cant do what you have asked of me because I dont know what you mean. 

Thanks for your help its very much appreciated.

@Anonymous hmmm not sure if you need mark it answer if your issue is resolved. I can walk thru the process if that helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

okay...When you say add a column, do you mean in excel? Can you add a column in power bi?

Where is aggregation count?

Here is where I got my data from:

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&q=New%20Orleans

I downloaded the csv from interest over time.

Maybe we should start from downloading the data if you have the time?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I deally I would like 2 attributes New Orleans and Voodoo

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&q=New%20Orleans,voodoo

@Anonymous are you open to share pbix file, remove any sensitive information before sharing, share through one drive/google drive or you can directly send it to me by email. My email address is in the signature.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.