Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jmandavia
Frequent Visitor

python script error

Hello,

My python connection was working but it stopped today and keep on receiving this error message:

DataSource.Error: ADO.NET: A problem occurred while processing your Python script.
Here are the technical details: Process must exit before requested information can be determined.
Details:
DataSourceKind=Python
DataSourcePath=Python
Message=A problem occurred while processing your Python script.
Here are the technical details: Process must exit before requested information can be determined.
ErrorCode=-2147467259
ExceptionType=Microsoft.PowerBI.Scripting.Python.Exceptions.PythonUnexpectedException

How do i solve this?

10 REPLIES 10
apods1979
Helper I
Helper I

C:\Users\YouUSER\Anaconda3
C:\Users\YouUSER\Anaconda3\Library\mingw-w64\bin
C:\Users\YouUSER\Anaconda3\Scripts
C:\Users\YouUSER\Anaconda3\Library\bin

AndreWahlbuhl
Frequent Visitor

I had an similar error on simple starting.

When I try to use the example Script on te MS Site:

AndreWahlbuhl_0-1597257439446.png

It Says: 

AndreWahlbuhl_1-1597257465856.png

Access Denied

Anonymous
Not applicable

Which the solution?

Install anaconda to install pandas, without ananconda cannot be installed.

VShah
Frequent Visitor

Hello 

I am getting the same error and unable to proceed further. Is there any way to debug this issue 

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jmandavia,

Can you please provide more detail information to help us clarify your scenario?(e.g, python version, desktop version, datasource you connect)

According to your error message, it seems like a script error during progress. Have you double check and debug your code?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

I have the similar error, my python script works well outside of PowerBI, but get below error: 

We encountered an error while trying to connect. 

Details:"ADO.NET:Python script error.

Traceback(most recent call last):

File "PythoScriptWrapper.PY", line 2, in <module> 

import os, pandas, matplotlib.pyplot

ImportError: No module name pandas

I don't have pandas in the script,  Here is my script:

import requests
import json

url='https://api-XXXXXX.com/api/1.0/authentication/XXXXXXXXX/login'
data='''{
"userName": "XXX",
"password": "XXX"
}
'''
headers = {
"content-Type":"application/json"
}

resp = requests.post(url, headers=headers, data=data, verify=False)
jData = json.loads(resp.content)
token = jData['accessToken']

Pandas is a mandatory requirement for running script in PowerBI as per official documentation. Even if you don't use it power bi requires it to be installed in your system.

Hi,

Since PBI is giving the table as an input to your python step in the form of pandas.DataFrame, you need to have pandas installed on your computer, even though your script doesn't use it. Power BI needs to have access to the library in order to evaluate your code and pass inputs into it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have installed Python through Anaconda? That's most likelly the problem. I installed python 3.6 on its own and was able to integrate python script into PBI. Then I installed python 3.7 through Anaconda and got similar error for the same script that gave me no issues previously. I repointed PBI to the 3.6 interpreter and it runs fine again. So the issue is either with python 3.7 or with how it is managed by Anaconda. My guess is it's Anaconda and hence the irony that I went for it for convinience...

Thanks a lot for your reply. Will give it a try tomorrow. Will also try downloading python 3.7 directly instead of through Anaconda and check

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors