Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jmarcrum
Helper II
Helper II

publish to web does not currently support python visuals

Hi everyone -

I ran into this error earlier today trying to publsih a python visual to web.  Does anyone know what's going on here?  I saw this article in a recent release and thought this should have been taken care of by now?  If not, is there a wordaround for this?

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/python-visualizations-in-power-bi-service/

Thanks in advance for your help!

11.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jmarcrum ,

The articlce you have referred is related with publishing from power bi desktop to power bi service that support Python visuals intead of publishing to web from power bi service. Please refer the difference between them:

1. Publish from power bi desktop 
  2. Publish to web 

As your posted picture shows, the Python visual and the R script viusal are not supported in publishing to web currently. Perhaps you can submit the requirement to ideas to help us improve power bi and add your comments there to make this feature coming sooner: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jmarcrum ,

The articlce you have referred is related with publishing from power bi desktop to power bi service that support Python visuals intead of publishing to web from power bi service. Please refer the difference between them:

1. Publish from power bi desktop 
  2. Publish to web 

As your posted picture shows, the Python visual and the R script viusal are not supported in publishing to web currently. Perhaps you can submit the requirement to ideas to help us improve power bi and add your comments there to make this feature coming sooner: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Don't use Python visuals?

Why was it necessary to use a Python visual? Is there no other visual either default or in the App store that could be used?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Greg, there isn’t a visual that will find the shortest path between two nodes in a network chart (to my knowledge). Python’s networkX library will do it. I posted about it in another post that Tom Marten and yourself commented on.

If you know of a visual in the App Store that will find the shortest path or a way for me to format my data source that will allow for that kind of visual, I would like to know what it is.

If I can provide you a csv dump that will show team 1 and team 2 and the shortest path (in an array), could you do it? If you don’t respond back to this I understand. Just wanted to answer your question fully.

Thank you!

Sure, I'll take a crack at it @Anonymous . It sounds similar to a Transitive Closure issue. https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Quick-Measures-Gallery/Transitive-Closure/td-p/783828 I bet there is a way to do it.

Latest book!:

@Greg_Deckler 

That would be fantastic Greg!  I have a couple of days left to figure out a solution, if you have the time.  Below is a link to the csv file.  It's very simple.  Team1, Team2 (Opponent), and the shortest path between the two.

Thank you in advance!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ohw6h1jh928hrba/mark_ncaa_paths.csv?dl=0

Seems like this is missing some critical information or I am not understanding the data correctly. Is the Path column in the data what you are trying to calculate or is that what you are trying to minimize for each pair of teams? If it is the first one, seems like I would need the data on the starting positions and divisions of the teams in the tournament, right? @jmarcrum 

Latest book!:

@Greg_Deckler 

Ah, I attached a link to the completed file (after I ran it through networkx in python).  I think the file you are looking for is below.  It's my original file.  I apologize for the confusion.

Thanks again Greg!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y34cb6rxofq3fhh/mark_game_edges.csv?dl=0

@jmarcrum - Another crazy thought, can you just put the Python code for shortest path into a Query Step? Then you wouldn't need to use a Python visualization.

Latest book!:

Great, another question @jmarcrum why all the duplicate rows?

Latest book!:

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.