Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jbn2343

publish refresh

I've created a report using the desktop app, the data comes from Azure SQL Data Warehouse. 

When I publish the report, it says "the published report has been configured to use an enterprise gateway" which is confusing since the dataset connects to data in Azure. Can anyone explain this?

Further, the data on the published report never updates even though it says it's refreshing every 15 minutes. No error message or anything helpful to understand what's happening.

How do i fix this?

4 REPLIES 4
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@jbn2343

Based on my testing and the warning message you received, you should be using Direct Query. But I’d still like to confirm it with you. We need to make sure you are using SQL AZURE Data source only in the PBIX. Please post back when you’re available.

Best Regards,

Herbert

direct query

data source is sql azure data warehouse

I can see the data source refreshes every fifteen minutes, but the data is not updated. In the PowerBI desktop app the data updates fine.

jbn2343

bump

@jbn2343 Couple questions.

1) Did you import or are you using Direct Query?

2) Are you referring to the Dashboard when you say it is refreshing every 15 minutes, or is there a refresh time next to the dataset?

3) Are you only connecting to the Azure SQL Data Warehouse, or do you also connect to a different data source (This would only apply to in import scenerio)?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.