Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

BartNet

publish does not update report

Hi, when i publish via the power bi desktop, the dataset is updated, but the report is still the old one.

Any idea?

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe your PBIX file is different than the report you want to update on your workspace. If this is the case, you just need to give it the same name as the one that your report has.

rcrocha
Regular Visitor

Me too. Is there any update or information about this? Like cache or something..
rcrocha
Regular Visitor

Me too. Is there any update or information about this? Like cache or something..

mgeldert
Frequent Visitor

I'm having this issue as well.

AlongTheseLines
Advocate I
Advocate I

I am also experiencing inconsistent report refresh both when uploading a changed Desktop file and when using the REST API to add rows. The dashboard tiles seem to update in real-time but often report charts do not even when I navigate away and come back...

Could you please verify that you are not dealing with caching issues?  I have seen this behaviour before, but every time I hit F5, the page reloaded and the chagnes where there.  Without page refresh, clicking around would just bring cached/old version of the report.

Tony
Frequent Visitor

I believe the issue is that the dataset (connection to Azure SQL database) published by Power BI Desktop are does not support refresh, I get the message below when I click on the 'schedule refresh' on the dataset

You cannot schedule refresh for this dataset because it gets data from sources that currently don’t support refresh. Learn Moreabout data sources that currently support refresh.
Activity Id:888e2de2-adb9-40d5-9ad9-a6e058d54ac2
Request Id:734d294b-1fdd-805e-fd4a-dcd5a44fc162
Status Code:200
Time:Wed Jul 29 2015 11:03:29 GMT+1200 (New Zealand Standard Time)
Version:11.0.9167.504

But if I upload the same pbix via 'Get Data' from powerbi.com then schedule refresh setting are available. 

"You cannot schedule refresh...." when publishing directly from the desktop is a known issue. This is fixed and in the process of rolling out to the production system after going through the quality gates. Until then, if you need to schedule refresh, then the workaround is to upload the same pbix via 'Get Data' as you mentioned.

Was this issue fixed?   I am having this issue currently.

I have a desktop pbix file that gets data from DYnamics Online.  Once in PowerBI, the refresh is saying that my personal gateway is offline, but it shouldn't require it.  right?

If it only contains Dynamics CRM online, then it should not require gateway. Could you check your pbix and see if there are any unused queries in the file connecting to other sources.

andre
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hit F5 to force page refresh.

Data and Dashboards were refreshing in the PowerBI desktop but it is not refreshing on the site. I did hit F5 number of times and did cleared the cache but it never worked.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.