Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

publish conflict

Hello,
One of the admin users would like to make changes to the report visuals.
Once the user does this, then what is the best way to publish the changes?
Bare in mind that the developers do make changes to the model (Not visuals) constantly and publish the same report too.
Is it that when the user does the visual changes then the user will send to me (Developer) and then I publish? If mean-while I have made changes to the model then how do I get the changes of the user to be published as well as my model changes?

At present the developers are using source control to check in changes but the admin user does not have this and due to business rules user will not have access to source control. User simply downloads a version of the pbix and works on it.

Hope you see what I mean?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

The simplest way to handle it, given the restrictions, would be to update the pbix with whatever you need to add, then tell the user that they have until "___________" Date to edit the visuals and send it back to you. After that date, you'll have to make whatever changes you need to make again, and they'll have to download the most recent version again. This ensures that the document remains controlled.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

The simplest way to handle it, given the restrictions, would be to update the pbix with whatever you need to add, then tell the user that they have until "___________" Date to edit the visuals and send it back to you. After that date, you'll have to make whatever changes you need to make again, and they'll have to download the most recent version again. This ensures that the document remains controlled.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.