Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

vitexo87
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

problems with filters of a multipart fact

I'm with a prblema I hope eplicar clearly.

I have a dw with varis facts and all the facts has several fields in common, one of these fields is the month_id.

I make the burden of these facts in my power bi application and then concatenate all to become one fact only.

the problem is when I do some filters, as reported not all facts have the same fields with month_id and when I filter a month has indicators that due to have a field of a fact that had not month_id the indicator in question is null, I tried to add the month_id in all facts before concatenate however is not possible.

Any suggestions how to solve this?

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

@vitexo87

I make the burden of these facts in my power bi application and then concatenate all to become one fact only.

the problem is when I do some filters, as reported not all facts have the same fields with month_id and when I filter a month has indicators that due to have a field of a fact that had not month_id the indicator in question is null, I tried to add the month_id in all facts before concatenate however is not possible.

According to your description, the problem with filters may related to that not all facts have the same fields with month_id. So adding the month_id in all facts may solve the issue. What do you mean “add the month_id in all facts before concatenate however is not possible”? Where the problem occurs when you try to add the month_id in all facts? Does it throw any error? It will be better if you could post some sample data.Smiley Happy

Regards

KGrice
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @vitexo87. Can you post a picture or sample of your table structure and where the problem occurs? Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.