Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

paulraykelly
Regular Visitor

problem with gaps in clustered column chart

Sorry about the basic question but when using multiple values in a clustered bar chart, the chart creates a gap between bars with the second value and then a two gaps with the third value. Does anyone know how to close the gaps?

Many thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Are you dragging your fields to the Axis or the Legend?

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

This shows the gap in the barsThis shows the gap in the barsThis shows where the data is putThis shows where the data is put

Hi @paulraykelly,

Clustered column chart align with each labels and group by legends, it will keep the space of blank items and not support auto fit them. I'd like to suggest you post this requirement to ideas.

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Many thanks, I'll do that!

I appreciate everyone's help on this one!

Paul

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @paulraykelly,

I test on my side but haven't find the "gap", can you share some detail contents?

Capture.PNG

In addition, does you means the space between different labels? If this is a case, it is impossible to remove these "gap",

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.