Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

alvsgap

pro account api c

Hello friends,

I need to provision 200 Power BI accounts for a training session. I can create these accounts by script but they are created as free accounts by default.

Is there a way to create or upgrade an already existing account to Pro (free trial)?

This would greatly help improve the students experience.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @alvsgap,

Generally, you can try the Pro Trail in the UI of Power BI Service. Did you have any issues?

As far as I know, there isn't such an API in Power BI.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-jiascu-msft,

No, I have no issue in doing through the UI on Power BI Service. I am just trying to avoid having the students going through the process of doing the trial process activation and save about 20 minutes in classroom.

I know, it doesn't take 20 min to it. It is just a few clicks. But in classroom with over 40 people doing this it gets massy most of the times and I have to walk around helping attendees. 

No problem in helping the attendees with their problems. The 20 minutes on the process is the issue. I'd love to save this time to show them something else more Power BI awesome. 🙂

I'd love to have an API for that, or a Powershell cmdlet or something else I could use to automate the process. I am thing about looking in to the Office365 API since we can give users Power BI subscriptions through that side as well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.