Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Ranahazim
Frequent Visitor

previous month and date table relation

hi

i am having trouble geting correct data using both previous month formulas 

i did as instructed, created a date table, then i linked the date coulumn of it with a date coulumn in another table

i faced several problems: 

1- tried to create a calnder coulumn in my Account card table. it didnt work, then i linked the date table with one of the coulmns that are a date format. 

2- when performing the previous month function, it gives me the correct answer of every current month! not the previous month 

i used these: 

Previous_Month_current_balance = CALCULATE(SUM('EVS Account'[Current_Balance]),PREVIOUSMONTH('DimDate'[Date]))

and :

Previous_Month_current_balance = CALCULATE(SUM('EVS Account'[Current_Balance]),DATEADD(DimDate[Date],-1,MONTH))

i think my problem is with the relationship, what kind of date colomn should i link the date to?

please help. so frustrated

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Ranahazim,

What's relationship between 'DimDate' and 'EVS Account', many-to-one or one-to-many? In addtion, if possible, you can merge the tables and check if your measure can work.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Ranahazim,

What's relationship between 'DimDate' and 'EVS Account', many-to-one or one-to-many? In addtion, if possible, you can merge the tables and check if your measure can work.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

hi, 

the relationship is many to one 

I tried merging tables but after edit queries, the Dimdate table which i added wasnt visible to be merged. i added the dimdate table but not using sql query.

am trying many things with no results yet 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.