Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Thiyagu
Helper III
Helper III

powerpoint export full table

Hi All,

I have created a report with table visuals in 3 pages and some visuals, In that tables having approx 50 rows with vertical scroller... I want to export to power point with entire table, is that possible..? 

I need to tell some justifications to my users (if it is not possible).

P.S : Apologies if it is silly question.

Thanks,

Thiyagu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Thiyagu,

There is a Export reports from Power BI to PowerPoint (Preview) available in Power BI service for us to export reports to PowerPoint. But there is a limitation:

In-session interactivity such as highlighting and filtering, drill-down, and so on, are not yet supported when exporting to PowerPoint. The exported PowerPoint shows the original visuals as they were saved in the report.

So in your scenario, as the table has vertical scroll bar, when we export the report to PowerPoint, not all data will be exported, just the data when we scroll to the most top of the visual are exported. Also as it's not supported to interact with table visual after export to PowerPoint, we are not able to see all table data in PowerPoint file. For your requirement, it's not able to achieved currently.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Thiyagu,

There is a Export reports from Power BI to PowerPoint (Preview) available in Power BI service for us to export reports to PowerPoint. But there is a limitation:

In-session interactivity such as highlighting and filtering, drill-down, and so on, are not yet supported when exporting to PowerPoint. The exported PowerPoint shows the original visuals as they were saved in the report.

So in your scenario, as the table has vertical scroll bar, when we export the report to PowerPoint, not all data will be exported, just the data when we scroll to the most top of the visual are exported. Also as it's not supported to interact with table visual after export to PowerPoint, we are not able to see all table data in PowerPoint file. For your requirement, it's not able to achieved currently.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Is row-level security respected in the Export to PowerPoint, as defined in the dataset security settings?  I know in-session filtering is not exported to powerpoint, but would a user's role-level filters (in RLS) be exported to powerpoint correctly? 

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

You can do that in the Service. In Desktop you can only export to CSV file.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.