Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

agarcia
Regular Visitor

powerbi(desktop) is only supported for windows?

Is possible to use powerbi in another OS?

If the answer is yes, ¿which?

4 REPLIES 4
ericleslima
Advocate I
Advocate I

I think Power BI Desktop was first developed for Windows now, but will reach more platforms. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @agarcia,

sorry but I don't think that PowerBI can be used on other OS. I think that it's been made only for the Windows based systems.

#I'M Not An Expert#

Nhallquist
Helper V
Helper V

here are the Minimums thatI could find...  Unfortunately, no mention of other OS Platforms, and I can't find anything either.  However, Microsoft is constantly updating PowerBI, so it may become more open later.  Check out the Ideas section for ideas on PBI running on other platforms and be sure to vote for it.

Minimum requirements

• Windows 7 / Windows Server 2008 R2, or later

• .NET 4.5

• Internet Explorer 10 or later

• Memory (RAM): At least 1 GB available, 1.5 GB or more recommended.

• Display: At least 1440x900 or 1600x900 (16:9) recommended. Lower resolutions such as 1024x768 or 1280x800 are not recommended, as certain controls (such as closing the startup screen) display beyond those resolutions.

• CPU: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster x86- or x64-bit processor recommended.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not aware of anything other than Windows which can run IE (they dropped the requirement down to version 9 in January by the way).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors