Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DevinHarrington
Regular Visitor

powerbi.com only - The key didn't match any rows in the table

Getting the error The key didn't match any rows in the table from only powerbi.com report refresh.

Local refresh works fine.  Have seen comments in other threads that this is a cache issue that is fixed in latest release, does not appear to be the case for me.

I have deleted and re-pushed the file to powerbi.com after the last update but still cannot get my file to refresh either with the gateway or via a manual "refresh now" (note this is a single file and I have others that all work fine).

Anyone think this is a matter of something in the .pbix just being corrupt?  I have spent many hours and tried all the methods in every thread I could find and none of them resolved.  Thinking of just starting over with a new file but wanted to check here before I do that.

Thanks

-Devin

8 REPLIES 8
aldodfm
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

I have the same issue right now, i don't know what is happening in powerbi.com with schedule...

When schedule it says: The key didn't match any rows in the table.

But when i execute the refresh in power bi desktop it works without problems...

help!

Had the same problem in the powerbi.com service. What fixed it for me in the end was to retype all of the data source credentials in "Schedule Refresh" and hit apply.

Hope this helps,

Best,

Sebastian

Here I got the same problem. I tried to renew credentials in Power BI Online but no luck.

Refreshing / publishing from Power BI Desktop is working and no query errors are detected in de Query editor. So it seems something in the refreshing scheduler or caching mechanism.

Edit: I found out that this solution worked for me (found solution on this forum): 

It was a issue of data format: There shoudn't be difference between Excel and power bi (query editor). I setup the data format for every column  (whre should be text i setup in power bi query  editor "text", where should bu number i setup "number") and its helps.

In my case I had a Excel-column in percentage which in Power BI was formatted as decimal number. So I changed al Excel colums to 'standard' and that seems to work. 

Thank you a lot! It helped me too.

pqian
Employee
Employee

@DevinHarrington If the refresh gives an error in the mashup space (things like Expression.Error, Value.Error, etc), then it means your PBIX is not corrupted and everything loads on the server fine.

Normally the key not found exception is due to an out of sync schema, like the one on the server vs the one cached locally. However it seems like you have ruled out this possibility. Then you'll probably need to debug the table that has this problem.

What data source is it? Do you have security rules that hides certain table/db? Do you have the right credentials config'ed in the GW? 

You can make a new query that basically loads the database schema table into the report and upload that one to PBI.com, refresh through the GW and see if indeed the table is missing.

@pqian

Thanks pqian.  I will look into this and update the thread. 

@DevinHarrington Did you try the "Save As" with the PBIX file to a new file and try to upload that one?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_Bauer

Hi Eno -

Thanks for the idea.

I tried a save as with a new name but no luck.

I am in Minnepolis :), would love to join you but looks to be ~5 hours from where I live :(.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.