Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DeveshSeth
Helper II
Helper II

power query date help

Hi, 

I have two tables read from data in spreadsheet. The first query has a column of dates (apart from many other columns) and the second query has a single col/row containing AsOf Date. I want to check whether the dates in my first query are in past/or in future compared to AsOf Date.

Table1[XYZdates]   -- Table1 has 10 columns and 10 rows. One of the columns contain dates. 

Table2[AsOf]   -- Table2 is just a query of a single date picked from a spreadsheet. 

I'm trying to add another column to Table1 in Power Query that tells me 'Y/N' depending on whether XYZdates is greater than or less than AsOf date. 

How best do we achieve this?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DeveshSeth ,

Please try like this:

= Table.AddColumn(#"Reordered Columns", "Custom", each if [XYZdates] >= Table2[AsOf]{0} then "Y" else "N")

2.PNG

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DeveshSeth ,

Please try like this:

= Table.AddColumn(#"Reordered Columns", "Custom", each if [XYZdates] >= Table2[AsOf]{0} then "Y" else "N")

2.PNG

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@DeveshSeth , In dax this will give you max date from table2 to  a new column in table 1 =maxx(Table2,Table2[AsOf date])

In M you have List.Max and Table.Max that you can try to use

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.