Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

eh
Frequent Visitor

power point refresh

Hi,

I am trying to set up a power bi report that can be shown as a part of a slideshow in Power Point on a big information screen at my workplace. I know that you can export the report to Power Point, but after you've exported it - you can't seem to get the latest refresh of the report without exporting it again? Is there any way to show a report as a part of a slideshow that gets the latest refresh from Power BI Service?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @eh,

In your scenario, you can try using the Power BI Tiles Add-In that allow you to embed PowerBI visualizations inside PowerPoint presentation. And the PowerBI visualizations are refreshable inside your PowerPoint presentation. To refresh a tile right-click inside the visualization and select the “Reload” option:

For more details about integrating Power BI Tiles into Office documents, you can refer to this article. Smiley Happy

Regards

Thank you @v-ljerr-msft, I forgot about this feature, but this is still manual - there is no way for power point to get the latest version without someone manually reloading it, right?

Hi @eh,

Yes, that's right.

In addition, I would suggest you post your request in this thread which is opened to capture feedback of "Export to PowerPoint" (Preview feature) to improve Power BI on this feature. Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.