Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

power bi with web

Hi every One,

I want to ask if this feature available  in power  BI,

I have a web site 'portal', I want to show power by Report inside portal using Link Or button , the  report  must be shown based on the user ID That is Login, such as if  user id = 500  the report must show all data for  user 500, if  the get coming user id = 520 the  report must be shown ll data for  user 520.

7 REPLIES 7
TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi mohammed,

Could you please share more information related to this problem? You want to embed the PowerBI Report to your web page or just provide a link to PowerBI Service? Which user ID will you use to filter the data? The PowerBI Service user or the user of your website?

Generally, if it is PowerBI Service user, we can use dynamic Row Level Security, this method uses UserName() to recognize the current PowerBI Service user, then it will uses the security filter based on the username to other date, for more information, please refer to the following blogs:

http://radacad.com/dynamic-row-level-security-with-power-bi-made-simple   

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Power-BI-Dynamic-Row-Level-Security-Tips-to-get-it-w...

If it is just a link to the PowerBI Service Report, you can create a shared link for the report, then each user access to this report will see their own data.

If it is an embedded page in your web page, please refer to this document: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/embedded-row-level-security

If it is a web site user without power bi account, PowerBI doesn't provide a method to do this.

Best Regards,

Teige

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @TeigeGao ,

Thanks for your reply.

kindly  note that I will mention more information in the  below  :

1. I want to Embedded Power BI Report inside the website.

2. The website  build using Anguler 

3. I Want to show report Based on the  user that is Login website "haven't Power BI Account"
4. once the user login website "portal "using ID The report should be showing Based on Id value if the id = 500 show all data report for user 500 if user login id is  2401 show all data report for user 2401.

Hi mohammed,

For the user who doesn't have PowerBI Service account, we cannot filter data for their userID because PowerBI Service cannot recognize these users.

Best Regards,

Teige

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks @TeigeGao ,

But what is the rest APIs? and what are  the  benefits in this case and  how  it provides me  the  same Features .

Regards, 

Power BI REST API is to perform management tasks on Power BI objects like reports, datasets and workspaces. It will change the content in your report, but cannot filter data based on the website user.

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks @TeigeGao for your replay and clear,

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi every One,

I want to ask if this feature available  in power  BI,

I have a web site 'portal', I want to show power by Report inside portal using Link Or button , the  report  must be shown based on the user ID That is Login, such as if  user id = 500  the report must show all data for  user 500, if  the get coming user id = 520 the  report must be shown ll data for  user 520.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.