Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Arnault_
Resolver III
Resolver III

power bi stacked bar chart issue when 0 value

Hi All,

I have an issue with the stacked bar visual.

When I create a table with several measures the values appears like expected (the different measures are added to"Values" category).

When I simply copy and paste the table and transform it into a stacked bar chart some values do not appear. It seems when one of the measure has a zero value, the following measures are not displayed.

If you looked at the following figure, the different measures are S01, S02, S03...

All the measures are properly displayed in the table, but only S01, S02, S03 and S04 are displayed in the bar chart.

I don't mind that S05 is not displayed since it is equal to zero, but why do S06, S07 ... couldn't be displayed? Is there a way to fix that?2020-09-04_14h48_38.png

5 REPLIES 5
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Arnault_ , As long as you are able to drag the measure it should display. Can you share sample  after removing sensitive data.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Arnault_ - Not sure why those would not show up, can you share the PBIX?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hi @Greg_Deckler @amitchandak 

Thank you for your reply. Sharing my pbix is possible but it is quite a big file (80mo).

I am pretty sure it is some kind of memory issue because if I move the measures up and down (in the visual settings, in "Values"), some values appear like magic. I can't figure this out and as you say, the table displays the values as expected, why the bar chart would not.

I will try to prepare a sample and share it with you.

Thanks a lot.

Hi @Greg_Deckler  @amitchandak ,

I finally found the solution by recreating the visual from scratch and compared the default settings with my current visual. It seems, I originally defined the axis boundaries which of course has an impact on how the data could be displayed. In my example, the upper boundary was defined at 200 while the sum of my measures could be higher (400 in my example). Then of course, the visual could not display all the measures above the limit I defined.

Sorry for having bothered you my stupid question.

Cheers

@Arnault_ - No worries, I was kind of mystified as to what was going on so glad you explained it!! 🙂

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.