Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mrben100
Frequent Visitor

power bi report help please

Hi

I am trying to make equipments availability report for certain date from 2 tables linked together by specific date say for example (03/03/2019)

that date return to the jobs that we did in some equipments. When i run the report i got only the equipments that have jobs

on that day but i neeb my report to show all the equipments even those has no job on that day because those equipments without

job are working and i want to show that they have 100% availability .

this what i got from the reportthis what i got from the report

and this what i need to show all of my equipmentsand this what i need to show all of my equipments

( in Access it is easy by editing the relathionship properties and chose keep all records from first table)

Thanks

waiting for help please

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mrben100 ,

You can consider extract date value to create a bridge table to link two tables, then you can choose single direction relationship to let it keep all records.

HOW TO JOIN MANY TO MANY WITH A BRIDGE TABLE IN POWER BI

Regards,

Xioaxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @mrben100 ,

Have you consider to break relationships and write a measure to achieve filter effect?

Applying a measure filter in Power BI

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mrben100 ,

You can consider extract date value to create a bridge table to link two tables, then you can choose single direction relationship to let it keep all records.

HOW TO JOIN MANY TO MANY WITH A BRIDGE TABLE IN POWER BI

Regards,

Xioaxin Sheng

thanks for your response

but the dates are in only one table the (job_code) is the relation between the tables if i want to extract a column to be a bridge

is the job_code.

Hi @mrben100 ,

Have you consider to break relationships and write a measure to achieve filter effect?

Applying a measure filter in Power BI

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

mrben100
Frequent Visitor

waiting for help please

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.