Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

power bi performance issue between sharepoint classic & modern site

hi,

i'm currently working on a power bi (pbi) project with a client whose data is stored in a sharepoint site. the pbi solution also uses dataflow + dataset that reside in power bi service (pbis). 

during the proof-of-concept (poc) stage, i successfully tested the solution with the data in the modern sharepoint site. when it came to moving the solution to the production stage, the client decided to transfer all the data to the classic sharepoint site. now, i see some pbi performance degradation (slowness) where the date now resides in the classic sharepoint site. 

may i kindly find out if the use of classic sharepoint site enviroment to store data can contribute to the pbi performance 'problems' (and that i should recommend to the client to consider moving back the data to the modern sharepoint site enviroment)?
tks & krgds, -nik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

The SharePoint modern experience client-side processing model can provide dramatic improvement in perceived end user latency over the classic SharePoint architecture. Keep in mind that there may be a greater dependency on the client-side execution environment as compared to the classic SharePoint architecture. As with any change to your network architecture, you should conduct a limited pilot to identify and resolve potential bottlenecks before rolling the SharePoint modern experience into your production environment.

Hope this document will help you:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/modern-experience-performance 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

The SharePoint modern experience client-side processing model can provide dramatic improvement in perceived end user latency over the classic SharePoint architecture. Keep in mind that there may be a greater dependency on the client-side execution environment as compared to the classic SharePoint architecture. As with any change to your network architecture, you should conduct a limited pilot to identify and resolve potential bottlenecks before rolling the SharePoint modern experience into your production environment.

Hope this document will help you:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/modern-experience-performance 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Noted yr response with tks, @V-lianl-msft.
KRgds, -nik

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors