Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

davemcminoway

power bi map 3 letter country code

Hi,

I have data using the 3 letter country codes mentioned in this link (https://blog.ailon.org/how-to-display-2-letter-country-data-on-a-power-bi-map-85fc738497d6). It still does not work. GBR appears as the Bahamas, DEU, CHN and some others do not show anything at all. Is there a fix for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @davemcminoway,

Based on my test in Power BI desktop version 2.46.4732.581 64-bit (May 2017), the Alpha-3 code "GBR","DEU","CHN" locate in the correct position in a map visual. You can set Data Category for this column as Country/Region or just Uncategorized. See:

q2.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Unfortunately, depents the result of the geocoding on the Power BI Desktop application language.

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.

Looking for German Power BI content? Visit my blog.
http://www.thinkbi.de/

Did I answer your question?
Please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.
Please give Kudos for support.

Marcus Wegener works as Full Stack Power BI Engineer at BI or DIE.
His mission is clear: "Get the most out of data, with Power BI."
twitter - LinkedIn - YouTube - website - podcast

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @davemcminoway,

Based on my test in Power BI desktop version 2.46.4732.581 64-bit (May 2017), the Alpha-3 code "GBR","DEU","CHN" locate in the correct position in a map visual. You can set Data Category for this column as Country/Region or just Uncategorized. See:

q2.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I'm using the latest version of PowerBI Desktop (2.50.4859.502 64-bit) and it seems that Finland with code FIN isn't shown on Map and Filled Map.

And Kaliningrad Oblast is not shown as part of Russia.

Can you check it and fix in the future version?

Hi I am having the same issue. Finland is not being recognised on the map using the country code FIN. Is there a fix for this?

Hi I am having the same issue. Finland is not being recognised as country code FIN. Is there a fix for this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.