Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kfschaefer
Helper IV
Helper IV

power bi desktop crashes during relationships

Power BI Desktop seems to crash alot when I am creating relationships.  I researched found only one option and tried it and it still crashing.  Turned off Relationship options.

Any Ideas?

Capture5.PNGCapture2.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
varakcheev
Employee
Employee

The Relationship Options are used to import/detect relationships when loading data so these are unrelated to the crash. And yes it does look very odd - does the application show you the Error/Frown Dialog before crash? If you havn't yet sent a Frown, please do so and give a quick description of the scenario (what's the particular action which causes this; does this occur only on the particular report/relationship; etc) If you don't get the Error/frown window before the crash you can use the Smile/Frown menu on the top of the Main window.

I had an issue where i switched to opening csv files as text files within query editor to solve a gateway issue. When i did this it broke some of my relationahips and gave me the "missing intermediate data" error .

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @kfschaefer,

it seems strange to me. Which version do you have?

#I'M Not An Expert#

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.