Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ouafaa
Helper II
Helper II

power bi desktop can't sign in

When I try to connect to power bi desktop, the power bi desktop authentication page remains frozen and the field to enter the password is not displayed. This exception is only generated if I connected with my AD account but it works well with a local account.

no error on the trace file of power bi desktop

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ouafaa ,

In my opinion, I'd like to suggest you to use fiddler to trace sign in operations to find out which request has been blocked or post failed. (you can also check policy and firewall settings)

In addition, please take a look at following document to confirm if you are used invalid account on sign in operations:

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Till
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hello,

i have the same problem and found this notice under Support-Microsoft
We have detected an issue with refresh data models and publishing reports in North Europe region due to an underlying Azure Networking outage. Engineers have mitigated the issue. However due to length of the overall queue you may see delay in refreshes. We will remove this message once the queue is completed.

The problem is not with the refresh. the problem is in the authentication. we can't sign in Power Bi Desktop. 

thanks 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors