Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

fess440
Helper III
Helper III

power bi data alert & flow - equal to value condition

I have a data alert set on a tile value and threshold to below 0. I have setup a flow to send an email if this happens. Prior to sending email in flow, I check if the alert was triggered and if the value was not equal to zero, either which way, i send an email. I do it this way so that I can find a workaround and send emails if the value is not equal to zero, not necessarily if the value is less than 0, but it seems the alert is not triggered at all so the threshold condition is respected always. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @fess440 ,

Please check the limitation listed in the https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-set-data-alerts#tips-and-troubleshooting

Alerts are currently not supported for Bing tiles, or card tiles with date/time measures.
Alerts only work with numeric data types.
Alerts only work on data that is refreshed. They do not work on static data.
Alerts will only work on streaming datasets if you build a KPI/card/gauge report visual and then pin that visual to the dashboard.

Best Regards,

Tiege

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @fess440 ,

Please check the limitation listed in the https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-set-data-alerts#tips-and-troubleshooting

Alerts are currently not supported for Bing tiles, or card tiles with date/time measures.
Alerts only work with numeric data types.
Alerts only work on data that is refreshed. They do not work on static data.
Alerts will only work on streaming datasets if you build a KPI/card/gauge report visual and then pin that visual to the dashboard.

Best Regards,

Tiege

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.