Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ramana16

power bi crash on startup

Hello Team,

After installing the Windows 10 anniversary update, Power BI crashes on launch and Im unable to use the application.

This is what I see in the event viewer - 

The description for Event ID 25 from source MSOLAP$AnalysisServicesWorkspace1951256393 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

msmdsrvi.rll

Application: CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException
at <Module>.CefSharp.CefAppUnmanagedWrapper.OnRenderThreadCreated(CefSharp.CefAppUnmanagedWrapper*, CefRefPtr<CefListValue>*)
at <Module>.CefExecuteProcess(CefMainArgs*, CefRefPtr<CefApp>*, Void*)
at CefSharp.CefAppWrapper.Run()
at CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.Program.Main(System.String[])

The Open Procedure for service "BITS" in DLL "C:\Windows\System32\bitsperf.dll" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the error code.

The Open Procedure for service "Lsa" in DLL "C:\Windows\System32\Secur32.dll" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the error code.

The Open Procedure for service "MSDTC" in DLL "C:\WINDOWS\system32\msdtcuiu.DLL" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the error code.

Unable to open the Server service performance object. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the status code.

The Open Procedure for service "WmiApRpl" in DLL "C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiaprpl.dll" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the error code.

can you please help?

7 REPLIES 7
koenkerckhof

Hi,

got the same problem on my Win10 Pro system.  Seems the issue was related to my display settings.

Looking into my display settings I had my two main screens but also 5 other screens (those screens refer to connectors on my docking station, windows interprets those as a possible active screen and sets a property to "extend the desktop").

If I select every screen individually and reset the property to "Disconnect" the problem was resolved.

Hope this helps.

With kind regards,

Koen

koenkerckhof

Hi,

got the same problem on my Win10 Pro system.  Seems the issue was related to my display settings.

Looking into my display settings I had my two main screens but also 5 other screens (those screens refer to connectors on my docking station, windows interprets those as a possible active screen and sets a property to "extend the desktop").

If I select every screen individually and reset the property to "Disconnect" the problem was resolved.

Hope this helps.

With kind regards,

Koen

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Have you tried blasting Power BI Desktop and reinstalling?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Yes have tried to uninstall and reinstall but so far the issue still remains.

@ramana16

This issue should be resolved in latest version of Power BI Desktop (released in 8/12). You can download it from: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45331

Regards,

Hello Simon,

I have just tried using the latest version today but the problem is still there.

this is what I see in the logs - 

Error 1 - 

The description for Event ID 25 from source MSOLAP$AnalysisServicesWorkspace1198202477 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

msmdsrvi.rll

Error 2 - 

Application: CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException
at <Module>.CefSharp.CefAppUnmanagedWrapper.OnRenderThreadCreated(CefSharp.CefAppUnmanagedWrapper*, CefRefPtr<CefListValue>*)
at <Module>.CefExecuteProcess(CefMainArgs*, CefRefPtr<CefApp>*, Void*)
at CefSharp.CefAppWrapper.Run()
at CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.Program.Main(System.String[])

Error 3 - 

The description for Event ID 25 from source MSOLAP$AnalysisServicesWorkspace1198202477 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

msmdsrvi.rll

Error 4-The Open Procedure for service "WmiApRpl" in DLL "C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiaprpl.dll" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the error code

Error 5 -

Unable to open the Server service performance object. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the status code.

Error 6 -

The Open Procedure for service "MSDTC" in DLL "C:\WINDOWS\system32\msdtcuiu.DLL" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the error code.

Error 7 -

The Open Procedure for service "Lsa" in DLL "C:\Windows\System32\Secur32.dll" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the error code.

Error 8 -

The Open Procedure for service "BITS" in DLL "C:\Windows\System32\bitsperf.dll" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the error code.

Well  , RE this : 

I have tried to install uninstall loads of packages admin permissions w/o luck .

The only thing works at the moment , that I installed the 32bit version and starts. 

x64 wont. 

g.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.