Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gourd_J
Helper I
Helper I

power KPI matrix - KPI Indicator Value formatting selector blank

I have a Power KPI Matrix with 2 KPI rows. I have added fields to the Actual Value, Comparison Value, KPI Indicator Index and Second Comparison Value. I have nothing in the KPI Indicator Value, allowing the default "variance" to be calculated in the "KPI Status" column.

A value is showing up as expected for each of the 2 rows in the matrix preview.

When I go to the Format tab and expand the "KPI Indicator Value" (and "KPI Indicator"), the first control inside is a drop down list. It drops down to a size that would hold 3 rows but no text is in the rows (blank). I suspect it should be showing "All metrics" and the 2 KPIs that make up the rows of my matix and allow me to select one in order to apply formatting to the Variance value of that KPI individually (Like the formatting in the sample Power KPI Matrix). This also happens for the "Metric Specific Options", "Second Comparison Value" and "Second KPI Indicator Value" formatting section for selecting a metric. 

Seems that I can still select "blank row #2" to get formatting for the second KPI row.

Is this because I have not specifically set fields in the "KPI Indicator Value" column and am just letting the default variance be calculated? Maybe because I'm using a Data Source of SSAS Multidimensional KPIs? Or maybe just a bug?

Am I right and this isn't working as expected?

Power BI Desktop - Version: 2.61.5192.601 64-bit (August, 2018) ** using this version in order to match the Power BI Report Server August edition.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Gourd_J,

Can you please share more detail information about this? It is hard to troubleshoot without anything detailed.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

In addition, you can also contact to custom visual team for better support.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Gourd_J,

Can you please share more detail information about this? It is hard to troubleshoot without anything detailed.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

In addition, you can also contact to custom visual team for better support.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.