Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MP_123
Employee
Employee

pop up message

is there a way to create pop up message on the report? 

thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
Baskar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

No we can't create any pop up message in report. 

Now we have only tooltip. thats it.

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@MP_123

We cannot create pop up message on the report now. You can use tooltip as an alternative.

If it is not what you want, please vote your detailed idea. And there is an similar idea here.

Best Regards,

Herbert

tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I use a technique of using the "doughnut" visual to provide a tooltip that becomes visible when you hover over the doughnut:

Use doughnut visual to provide "hidden" tips for your visuals.Use doughnut visual to provide "hidden" tips for your visuals.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a fetching workaround! Thanks!

I am interested in more detail regarding the donut workaround.

Do you have a separate table for tool tips? Or perhaps multiple tables?

Is each row on the table a page in your dashboard? Or maybe a visualization on a page?

I see you show the MIN of Tooltip. Is there only 1 row in the table, thereby giving you the only record?

tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I created a tooltip table that has 3 columns: Tooltip (the tip title), Tip, and Tip Number.  For the doughnut to work, you've got to include the value, for which I use Tip Number and change it to the Min which happens to coincide with that tip's Tip Number.  Hope this helps.  I use the doughnut's throughout my report (100+ pages) to provide amplification, explanation, and instruction on how to use a graphic (e.g., drilldown). 

It took me a minute to understand that you (probably?) set a filter to the correct tip number on each page to show the correct tip.

Either way, I got it to work. Smiley Surprised

The donut is a picky visualization to use when it's so small, in that the cursor must hover over the rim (not the hole in the middle) in order for the tool tip to appear. I prefer a small pie chart - it ends up as a single colored circle which can be hovered over more easily (IMO).

I see how to change the background of the visualization, but I would really like to change the single pie slice to a custom color. Any ideas on that?

Your response was very timely and quite helpful. Thank you.

tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

It  doesn't appear that you can adjust the data colors unless you have more than one item going into the pie chart (legend or value).  It just defaults to the first color to the right of the White and Black columns in the default color table.  Perhaps you could "force" by using custom themes and have the color you want to use as the first one in your theme json?

g137951831769631017.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.