Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rossgh
Employee
Employee

planview connection error

When connecting to Planview via the Planview (Beta) connector via PB Desktop, I am getting the following error:

We encountered an error while trying to connect

when trying the PowerBI.com connector, we get this error:

Invalid Input fields. Please checj User Credentials and Value Entered.

Any help is appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
msschmidt
Regular Visitor

Was this issue ever resolved? I see that this question was posted two years ago, but I'm getting the same error whenever I try to connect to Planview using the "Enterprise One - PRM" data source in Power BI. I can connect via the "Planview Enterprise One - CTM" connection (although I then get a different error trying to preview the data tables) using my credentials, but I cannot connect to PRM using the same credentials. (My Planview admin assured me that I have authorization within Planview to allow the data connections though, and I can clearly see that I'm authorized to the Portfolio and Resource Management functionality within Planview given that I manage projects and resources within the app.)

I really need to be able to connect PBI to Planview and create reports as the "out of the box" reports in Planview are not providing management with the level of resource capacity planning details they're looking for. How do I get past this error?

Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@rossgh

Not familiar with Planview, according to the error message in desktop, can you make sure that the Planview url can be accessed from your PC?

Combining the error from Power BI Service, also ensure the credential to your Planview is good.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.