Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

pin image is not same size as what is in excel

Hello,

I am attempting to pin a small pivot table from Excel to my dashboard; however, when I click to "Pin" the table the data is resized to a larger font and only parts of my table can be seen and therefore it is only pinning a part of my data.  I have tried changing  the font size to super tiny - that did not work.  I also tried just typing in the data and selecting it instead of the pivot table - again I get the same resizing.

I am not sure why this is happening, as far as I know I haven't selected anything to make this happen, so I have no idea how to fix it.

TerritoriesRequests
Midwest35
Northeast44
Northwest24
South62
Southwest35
Grand Total200

*Here is the data I am trying to pin*

https://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/dashboards/94112d71-85f6-4e8d-9485-ad3f6187c8b9

*Here is what gets pinned on my dashboard*

Help please!

Thank you!

Tera

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quick note: we're not going to be able to see what's in that link. That's private to your O365 tenancy, and I'm pretty sure that's in your own personal workspace, judging by the "groups/me/" path.  You'll need to include screenshots instead.

Long story short, Power BI dashboards do a bit of their own thing when it comes to formatting. In nearly all cases, even when pinning a Power BI report element, the pinned item takes on a dashboard-specific formatting, mostly only retaining the data itself. I could be wrong, but I do not think there is a recourse for this other than potentially using specific table formattings in Power BI (I'm not entirely sure if these look different once pinned).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the quick reply SonnyChilds, but I cannot figure out how to post a screen shot... 😞

The resizing happens before I even post it to my dashboard - the resizing happens when I am still in Excel and I click "Pin."  

I also tried restarting excel, opening different workbooks, and even different versions of Excel (2016 & 2007) and it did the same thing in each case.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I found some help on posting an image to a forum.  Hopefully this works!

This is what ends up on my dashboard.

[IMG]http://i65.tinypic.com/2qw3hcj.png[/IMG]

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.