Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jomu
Helper I
Helper I

pie chart with all labels

Hi,

my pie chart has several sections (about 10) and even if I use the whole page for this single chart there are sections without displayed labels (the amount of shown labels also depends on the font size I use).

I am in troubels because the customer insists that all sections show their label - my idea is to reduce the size of the real pie chart (colored area) so there is more place left for the labels. But until now I did not find a way to to these.

Is there a way to reduce only the size of the circle (not the whole pie chart)?

Is there any other way to force the pie chart to always display all labels?

Any help is relly appreciated,

jomu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

Hi @jomu,

You can use Custom visual namely Advanced Donut Visual-Light edition which is quite similar to Donut chart. So it will show to complete label name with the details. I also tried to replica your said issue so it is working fine as per below snap shot.

pie.JPG

Please give Kudos to this effort and accept this as a solution if it helped you!

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

Hi @jomu,

You can use Custom visual namely Advanced Donut Visual-Light edition which is quite similar to Donut chart. So it will show to complete label name with the details. I also tried to replica your said issue so it is working fine as per below snap shot.

pie.JPG

Please give Kudos to this effort and accept this as a solution if it helped you!

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

Hello there,

Where can I download this chart?

Thanks

Great - thank you!

v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @jomu 

To my knowledge, It is not supported to reduce the size of the real pie chart (colored area) so there is more place left for the labels

in Power BI currently.
I suggest you disable "Legend" of the pie chart, and adjust Detail labels->Label position and Detail labels->Overflow text to check if it could meet your requirement.

Best Regards,
Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.