Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tshafer61

pie chart percentages when filtered

I am relatively new to Power bit.  I am working with a Pie Chart to show categories percentages for answers to a questionnaire  and using a treemap to to filter on location.  When I click on a location in the treemap, the Pie chart shades, showing percentage of that category for the location against the total.  What I want to happen is for the percentages to show their part of the total, for that location (that location would = 100%).  Any thoughts?  Below is what it currently looks like  .Pie Percent.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check out the topic "Group interactions among visuals"

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/guided-learning/visualizations?tutorial-step=13#step-13

What you will need to do is select the treemap, go to "Format" in your ribbon, click "Edit interactions."

Then, when you hover your cursor over the pie chart, you will see some small gray icons in the top right of the visual. Select the icon that's labeled "Filter." THen you can unselect the "Edit interactions" mode and try out filtering your pie chart with your treemap.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check out the topic "Group interactions among visuals"

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/guided-learning/visualizations?tutorial-step=13#step-13

What you will need to do is select the treemap, go to "Format" in your ribbon, click "Edit interactions."

Then, when you hover your cursor over the pie chart, you will see some small gray icons in the top right of the visual. Select the icon that's labeled "Filter." THen you can unselect the "Edit interactions" mode and try out filtering your pie chart with your treemap.

This worked perfectly.  Thanks for the help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.