Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

pie chart percentage issue

hi,

i seem to have some problems with the percentage info for pie visual -

in the table display the percentage calculation for "YTD Total Income less Manpower" (3.3M) over "YTD Total Income" (7M) produces correctly 47.1%.

however, in generating the pie visual for the same numbers, i get a different (wrong) percentage number i.e. 32.4%.

i'd appreciate any help to resolve this, please.

tks & krgds, -nik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , have you put any filter on a number of records. I check on data I have it was showing correct %

Or any other visual filter

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

If it is convenient, please show screenshots here to let us know how you create the pie chart.

How do you create the percentage calculation?

Best Regards

Maggie

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @amitchandak & @v-juanli-msft,

many tks for your efforts to assist here.

i have found the solution or rather an error that i have made in producing the pie chart. i was actually, putting both "YTD Total Income less Manpower" (3.3M) & "YTD Total Income" (7M) on the pie chart canvas. as i wanted to see the pie chart for the portion of both "YTD Total Income less Manpower" (3.3M) & "Manpower" (3.7M), the pie chart should have the data for

a. "YTD Total Income less Manpower" (3.3M) or 47.1% & 
b. "Manpower" (3.7M) or 52.9%

note:
the sum of both will result in  "YTD Total Income" (7M) or 100%.

please accept my apologies for my initial error.  i appreciate your help regardless.

bwishes, -nik

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , have you put any filter on a number of records. I check on data I have it was showing correct %

Or any other visual filter

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak ,

i have checked & couldn't find any filter set on the pie visual but i may be wrong. how do i check it?

krgds, -nik

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.