Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kintela
Helper II
Helper II

phone layout questions

Hi

I'm following this guide (https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-desktop-create-phone-report/) but I don´t understand several issues:

If I want to adapt the layout only in one of my five Pages in my report which is the flow? Now I'm duplicating the page that I want to adapt, then I change to phone layout and drag to this page tha visualizations I need. But In this Mode I have not the top menu bar I have only this

captura.jpg

And I don´t know which is the following step.

Should publish the report as it is by File>Publish menu?

This publis the report in Power BI but I see the report in 16:9 format not in mobile format

Any idea Please?

regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @kintela,

From the guide you provided: 

• For reports with multiple pages, you can optimize all the pages or only a few.

In other words, if you want to adapt the layout only in one page, please switch to phone layout, and on the report page that you want to adapt, drag visuals to the mobile canvas. And don't make any operation on other four pages, left the mobile canvas empty, the report page will keep its original layout (16:9 format). 

• To change a visual, such as changing its formatting, dataset, filters, or any other attribute, return to the regular report authoring mode.

Phone layout is used to optimize the report layout in mobile device, it is not available to modify visual in phone mode. So, the top menu is invisible in this mode.

In order to view report in mobile, we have to publish Power BI report to from desktop to service. When we review the report on service site,  it renders in 16:9 format not in mobile format even though we have changed it to phone layout in desktop. But if we access report from mobile, it will display in mobile format the same as what we have done in desktop. 

Thanks,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @kintela,

From the guide you provided: 

• For reports with multiple pages, you can optimize all the pages or only a few.

In other words, if you want to adapt the layout only in one page, please switch to phone layout, and on the report page that you want to adapt, drag visuals to the mobile canvas. And don't make any operation on other four pages, left the mobile canvas empty, the report page will keep its original layout (16:9 format). 

• To change a visual, such as changing its formatting, dataset, filters, or any other attribute, return to the regular report authoring mode.

Phone layout is used to optimize the report layout in mobile device, it is not available to modify visual in phone mode. So, the top menu is invisible in this mode.

In order to view report in mobile, we have to publish Power BI report to from desktop to service. When we review the report on service site,  it renders in 16:9 format not in mobile format even though we have changed it to phone layout in desktop. But if we access report from mobile, it will display in mobile format the same as what we have done in desktop. 

Thanks,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.