Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

delphinew
Helper III
Helper III

personalized sort in matrix or chart

Hi everyone, 

I trying to have a personnalized sort in matrix or chart (not my tables), and I don't find in the dimension parameters where I could define the sort.

On Qlik, there are sorting parameters for each dimension of the matrix or chart, and it can be done with a formula (for instance : WildMatch(ART_cat4, '*nett*', '*essen*', '*solu*', '*spé*','*corps*','*maq*','*abso*','*autre*') which means sort the ART_cat4 first with, ART_cat4 containing "nett", then "essen" and so on). As you can see it is not alphabetical nore numerical. 

How could I do that on Power BI ?

Thanks a lot !

5 REPLIES 5
v-gizhi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

Please try to add an index column in Query Editor first.

Then sort the target column by this index column.

1.jpg

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Giotto

hi @v-gizhi-msft thanks for your suggestion. I will try this way. I hoped there was a solution without adding any new column as in my opinion it complexifies a lot the final model.

Hi,

I think if you want to sort the data like my sample posted last week by numerical, you should have to add an index column as an unique column to rank but no other way.

Best Regards,

Giotto

Hi @amitchandak I read this article before, but it wasn't of any help, as I don't want to sort by an alphabetical order nore by a numerical order, it beign ascending or descending.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.