Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

performance optimisation for table visual

Hi team,

I need a help in improving the performance of a table visual that i have in my report. 

I dont have any measure or calculated column in the table.  Just 3 columns added in Values section of the visual.   But still it takes 3975 ms for rendering.  Anything do you suggest to improve this dax?

LPD280388_0-1618505056563.png

The Dax shows as below : 

LPD280388_1-1618505293319.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous 

The process for the visuals to load is controled by Power Bi engine (Backend), you can't controle that nor priotirize one before the other. The user can only controle the performance of the DAX and the display of the visual. What the video is trying to present is how to normalise some visuals and to reduce the number of visuals inside one page. 

I would recommend to reduce some visuals from the first page and introduce Bookmarks and Drillthrough to call for the other visuals into other pages.

Here is an example of using buttons for Bookmarks and Drillthroughs

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiMmFhYWVlMDUtYTk3My00Y2U2LTgwMWEtZDQwNjAyNmQwNjc5IiwidCI6IjgzNTU5ODFiLTJlYTYtNDdjZi04ZjJiLTc3MTY3N2FmZjMyZCJ9&pageName=ReportSectione052fcce1f285e771356

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous 

The good thing is that you don't have issues with DAX nor the visual. You have a consuming time in Other. Please watch this video to know what Other can refer to in your report. It could be time waiting for other visuals to execute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNNemTpA9Vo

Regards
Amine Jerbi

and you can follow me on

Anonymous
Not applicable

@aj1973  Thanks for your response.   I did go through this video multiple times. But in my situation. I have few buttons and then 7 tables. in one of the table above attached is the Dax query gets generated when performance analyser is turned on.

How do i reduce the time that these tables run for and is there way to tell the powerbi to run a particular visual first among other visuals? 

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous 

The process for the visuals to load is controled by Power Bi engine (Backend), you can't controle that nor priotirize one before the other. The user can only controle the performance of the DAX and the display of the visual. What the video is trying to present is how to normalise some visuals and to reduce the number of visuals inside one page. 

I would recommend to reduce some visuals from the first page and introduce Bookmarks and Drillthrough to call for the other visuals into other pages.

Here is an example of using buttons for Bookmarks and Drillthroughs

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiMmFhYWVlMDUtYTk3My00Y2U2LTgwMWEtZDQwNjAyNmQwNjc5IiwidCI6IjgzNTU5ODFiLTJlYTYtNDdjZi04ZjJiLTc3MTY3N2FmZjMyZCJ9&pageName=ReportSectione052fcce1f285e771356

Regards
Amine Jerbi

and you can follow me on

Anonymous
Not applicable

@aj1973 Yes. Reducing the Visuals made a great impact on the performances. I had around 40 single card visuals and 2 multi row card which were brought down to 7 table visual which improved the performance.   thanks a lot for the reply.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.