Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kincaids
Helper II
Helper II

percentages based on date and not on grand total

I'm trying to determine what percentage of our rental accounts each year pay via auto-debit, and what percentage do not.

I've gotten close, I think.  See below:

percentages.png

Ignoring the pie chart and only looking at the column chart, everything is correct except the percentages.  I want to see the two percentages (where the arrow is, and likewise for each column) to add up to 100%, with the Y-axis being the total number of rentals in a given year.  The totals are all there, but because I went to the Values section and changed to "percentage of grand total," it gave me what you see here (percentages based on all rentals rather than all rentals within a given year).

Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

Switch to 100% Stacked Column Chart! If that doesn't give you what you are looking for you'll have to create a Measure.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Erf19
Frequent Visitor

Hi, I'm having this problem too but don't want to use a stacked bar chart, but another visual instead.

Can someone please write a measure to do this? Thanks.

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

Switch to 100% Stacked Column Chart! If that doesn't give you what you are looking for you'll have to create a Measure.

Not exactly what I was looking for, but it will do.  I don't know what Measures are, so I'm good with this.  

Just out of curiosity, is there any way to flip the results (so true is on bottom and false is on top)?

2016-11-17_1630.png

Thanks again!

@kincaids - Switch the order in your Values area or perhaps try the ellipses and sorting. Can you post a screenshot of the fields settings on that visual?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

There's only 1 Value (can be seen in the original question) and the Auto-Debit field is in the Legend.

So your only option (unless you create separate Measures and remove the Legend)

would be to change the default sort as described in my previous post above with a conditional column.

Perfect.  Thanks!

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

Create a new Column in the Query Editor => Add Column Tab => click Conditional Column

Use the UI => name the new column Auto-Debit Sort

If Auto-Debit column is True make Auto-Debit Sort equal to 1 and if False equal to 2 => Close and Apply

In PBI go to the Table View => Modeling Tab

select the Auto-Debit column in your table => click Sort By => select the newly created Auto-Debit Sort Column

That should do it!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.