Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Rustami4
Helper II
Helper II

percentage

Hi everyone,

I've got the following situatuion..

I think i need some measure to express what i want.

I have 2015 and 2016 years depicted like legends, differently they grafically look like two columns (2015&2016). Every of year has a special markings (TD, DTF, BHA and ect). I need to express the percentage "TD" value relatively other markings in every column. So it should be looked like..just for example.. 40%&55% (2015&2016) for "TD"

Please I need your help..I'm not as good at this as most of you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Rustami4

Please review PBIX file below.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhsotbnGu1NokzWwMtL8qqRcE13J

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

HI @Rustami4

Could you please post a mockup of your expected result.  Perhaps use Excel to make something like you are trying to achieve in Power BI.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Снимок.PNGthis is what i want to see, but i wanna see each of them expressed as a percantage ratio of the total number of all cases

@Rustami4,

Please check if "pecent of grand total" option meets your requirement, if not, check my DAX in this similar thread.
1.PNG

If you still have questions, please share dummy data of your table and post expected result.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Снимок.PNG

Here is it. I want the second plot be expressed in percents. Green and black columns suppose 2 cases. Another words I need number 200 being calculated as follows 200/543*100%.

Thank you!

And could you please tell me how to upload the powerbi file, it can help it

@Rustami4,

Please share PBIX file through online service like OneDrive and then post shared link of the PBIX file here. I would like to know the columns and data in your original table.

Regards,
Lydia

Lydia, link it please

@Rustami4

Please review PBIX file below.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhsotbnGu1NokzWwMtL8qqRcE13J

Regards,
Lydia

Can this be removed? Or the actual solution posted. Not very helpful for people looking for solutions to their problems to come across a post like this which says it has a solution but it doesn't beause the solution is a link to a long since expired file. 

This is it!! Smiley Happy Thank you very much!

Thank you Lydia for reply.

No, grand total option doesn't meet my requirements. Actually I need it to be displayed as a percentage of the definite value -"TD" among other values in that column "R". I am sure i need some DAX to express it. 

@Rustami4,

Please share dummy data of your table and post expected result so that we can provide you appropriate DAX.

Regards,
Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.