Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rnadathur
Frequent Visitor

percentage vales on the y-axis in a graph

I have a column A which needs to be divided by column B and the resultant value needs to be a percentage displayed in a graph

For example : the formula should be like this % P = (A/B) * 100 

how do i create the dax formula for the  resultant measure 

the users will filter it based on the month and year and should be able to see %P based on the month and year in the graph 

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

A simple way would be to create 3 measures. The first two would be the sum of Column A and B respectively.  Something like:

SumColumnA = sum('TableName'[ColumnA])

Then you can create the measure:

PercentP = [SumColumnA] / [SumColumnB] * 100

Hi Ross 

I want a row by row percentage. Your solution will give the percentage for the entire column 

P = A/B * 100 should give me the percentage for each row of A and B 

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want a Row by Row version, create a custom column and use a formula:

PercentP = [ColumnA] / [ColumnB]

If this row by row version needs Column B to be the entire column, replace that [ColumnB] part of my formula to reference this measure:

SumColumnB = Calculate(
    Sum('Table1'[ColumnB]),
    ALL('Table1')
)

This measure could be updated to use ALLEXCEPT or ALLSELECTED depending on what splicers you wish to take into account.

Hi Ross,

Thanks a lot for your reply

I created a  calculated column which would give me the percentage 

when i try to include it in a  line chart the percentage gets summarized and the legend shows the "SUM of meaure" and i dont see an option to edit that to an appropriate name 

I am attaching a screenshot of my report which will help you get an inisght of what i am trying to achieve Screenshot.JPG

Hi @rnadathur,

The Values scetion for the line chart need to be aggregated. In your scenario, as you create a calculated clumn and place it in Values property, it will be set with one kind of aggregate function, eg: SUM. So the legned name is changed with that  aggregate function.

I would suggest you to create a measure instead of the measure with below DAX: 

Percentage=  DIVIDE(SUM([ColumnA]),SUM([ColumnB]))

then set Format as Percentage for this measure.

q4.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Click on the visual and look under the Visualisation menu on the right of your screen.  There is a paintbrush section where you will have the Toggle Option to display the Title or not.  Expanding this there is an area called "Title Text" you can update.

Is that what you were hoping to change?

Hi Ross 

I am looking to change the legends "SUM OF %Timely" to just "Timely" and "SUM OF %Untimely" to just "Untimely"

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tend to use a lot of measures, so a straight forward solution could be to create a Measure that does the sum for you, then when it appears in your Legend it will have the nicer name?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.