Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

aakgun
Frequent Visitor

percentage Calculation of specific Data in Row Total

Hello All,

I have tried to check the discussion, but I could not find proper solution for my problem.

I have data rows like "Grand Total" and "Net Total" , also I have calculated "Percentage Value" as Net Total/Grand Total as a third row.

I display the "Percentage Value" as a new row in my dataset,

When these three rows are listed in matrix and we use the "Row Totals".

All the Rows : "Grand Total" , "Net Total", "Net Total/Grand Total" are SUM in Row Totals.

But the desired output is not the SUM of the "Percentage Value" here.

Again the "Percentage Value" value using formula "Grand Total" / "Net Total" should be calculated according to the these values NOT the SUM of the "Percentage Value".

As far as I see we could not modify the calculation of Row Total Values.

Dow you have any suggestion for this problem ?

Thanks and regards

Percentage.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aakgun,

In your scenario, how did you place those three columns ("Grand Total" , "Net Total",  "Percentage Value") in a matrix visual? From the image, I didn't see those those three columns.

Also please try to create a measure like this to see if the row total values are correct.

Measure 2 = SUMX( Sheet1, sheet1[Net Total] ) /SUMX(sheet1,Sheet1[Grand Total])

If issue persists, please share sample .PBIX for our analysis.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

"Grand Total" , "Net Total" and "Percentage Value" are stored and displayed in rows. "TOPLAM GELİR","TOPLAM NET" and "TOPLAM %" respectively.

I try to calculate the "TOPLAM %" row value as using the datas in different rows using the formula.  "Percentage Value"= "Net Total" / "Grand Total" *100.

I could have done this calculation using the custom column,

but I get the following error while doing similar calculation in creating new custom measure.

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Help-using-Earlier-in-New-Measure/m-p/55799#U55799

I need to use measure, because it does the same calculation in "row total"s while custom column only do sum of values..

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.