Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

pdf as a data source?

Just wondering if anyone has successfully set up a process to extract from a pdf?

TIA

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @vanessafvg,

Here is a similar thread in which some solutions are mentioned there. Could you go to check if it helps? Smiley Happy

Other references:

Idea of importing Table s in PDF files

Import Data from PDF using Power Query

Regards

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @vanessafvg,

Here is a similar thread in which some solutions are mentioned there. Could you go to check if it helps? Smiley Happy

Other references:

Idea of importing Table s in PDF files

Import Data from PDF using Power Query

Regards

There is no way to directly process from a PDF, but you could use an outside (free) tool like Tabula to extract to CSV as described in this post: https://dataveld.wordpress.com/2017/05/28/power-bi-analytics-challenge-part-2-processing-data-from-a...

If you would like to use R, you could also try packages such as pdftools or tm.

@deldersveld r sounds like a good posssiblity as i am assuming you can automate it, @v-ljerr-msft this i did see but it doesn't look automatable.

I did vote on the idea link, that would be great functionality, thanks all

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

did you find a way to automate the process of importing the PDF Data?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.